B-1 Temporary Business Visitor

You may be eligible for a B-1 visa if you will be participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States, including, but not limited to: Consulting with business associates; Traveling for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates; Settling an estate; Negotiating a … Read more

E1/E2 Visas

Section 101(a)(15)(E) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides nonimmigrant status for a national of any of the countries with which an appropriate treaty of commerce and navigation exists, who is coming to the U.S. to carry on substantial trade, principally between the U.S. and his own country, or to develop and direct the operations … Read more

E-3 Visa for Australians

The E-3 nonimmigrant visa classification was created pursuant to the Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA), and became effective on September 2, 2005. E-3 visas are temporary (“nonimmigrant”) visas and are granted initially for two years and may be extended indefinitely in increments not to exceed two years. To qualify for an E-3 visa, an … Read more

H-1B Visas

The Job Offer Requirement: H-1B status is driven by the employer; a foreign national seeking H-1B status must have a U.S. employer willing to sponsor an applicant who will enter into an employer/employee relationship with the Petitioner. The foreign national is authorized to work only for that employer in the position described in the Petition … Read more

K-1 Visas

The immigration laws provide a nonimmigrant visa classification (“K-1”) for persons coming to the United States to marry American citizens and reside here. I-129 F- Petition for Alien Fiancee The first step in the process is for the U.S. Citizen to file form I-129F- Petition for Alien Fiancee with the regional Service Center that has … Read more

L-1 Visas

L-1 visas are temporary (“nonimmigrant”) work visas, valid initially for up to three years (one year for a “new business”) and renewable thereafter, available to an applicant who: has one full year of full-time employment outside the U.S. within the preceding three years as a manager or executive or person with specialized knowledge with a … Read more

O-1 Visas

O-1 visas, which are temporary (“nonimmigrant”) visas, valid initially for up to three years and renewable thereafter, are available to applicants who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and who are coming temporarily to the United States to continue work … Read more

TN Visa Status for Canadian Citizens

The North American Free Trade Agreement (“NAFTA”) provides a unique, temporary working visa status for Canadian citizens referred to as “TN” status. Some of the characteristics of this status are the following: valid in increments of one to three years. renewable without any particular limitation or “cap”. may be obtained at port of entry without … Read more

TN Occupations

TN List of Occupations (Appendix 1603.D.1 to NAFTA): Accountant (baccalaureate degree, licenciatura degree, C.P.A., C.A., C.G.A., or C.M.A.) Architect (degree or state/provincial license) Computer Systems Analyst (degree or post-secondary diploma or post-secondary certificate, and three years experience) Disaster Relief Insurance Claims Adjuster (degree and successful completion of training in disaster relief insurance adjustment or three … Read more

Visa Waiver Program

Overview – what is the Visa Waiver Program? The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. The program was established in 1986 with the objective of eliminating unnecessary barriers to travel, stimulating … Read more